Easy Setup and Configuration
- Take any Autodiscovered host or network device and bring it into Opsview.
- You can then easily configure the new hosts and devices to add them to a host group, apply a host template, configure checks, or even add them to a custom Hashtag group, all in a few clicks.
- You can scan by a range of IP addresses or search via DNS names in your network.
- See all your devices, what agents they contain, and any network services that exist in order to greatly reduce setup and configuration time.
Speed Time to Value
- Autodiscovery gets you monitoring faster by identifying hosts and services for rapid import into Opsview.
- Use it to keep monitoring in step with fast growing dynamic host environments.
Three stages to Autodiscovery
- Creating - configure scan settings to indicate to Opsview Monitor what to scan and how to pre-set how the discovered hosts should be monitored
- Running - launch the scan to locate hosts and check for services
- Validating and Importing - fine-tune the discovered host configuration in the Sandbox view and start actively monitoring the discovered hosts
Three types of Scans
- Network Monitoring Scan
- VMware Monitoring Scan
- Windows Monitoring Scan
and provides with the ability schedule scan to automatically run at set times and intervals, so you can see if there have been any changes to your environment.