Opsview Monitor 6 will ensure your IT monitoring meets the challenges of cloud-scale computing whilst retaining 100% compatibility with your existing Nagios plugins, host template customizations and service desks integrations.
We have built a completely new backend architecture leveraging new, highly performant technologies to dramatically improve speed, performance and scalability. Specifically, Opsview Monitor 6 provides the following benefits:
- Increased results processing and throughput by utilizing parallel processes with processing now up to 10x faster than comparable 5.4 systems
- Improved resilience and scalability, through the ability to run multiple processes in parallel and decoupling processes using a message queue
- Improved recovery speed from network failures
- Improved self-monitoring as Opsview Monitor 6 can monitor its own distributed components and provide data about load, performance and health metrics of Opsview Monitor itself
For more details on the benefits of Opsview Monitor 6 read the release blog.
- Pre-Built Virtual Machine and AMI Image
- Automated Installation
To activate Opsview Monitor and add a subscription plan, you will need a Software Key. You will receive your Software Key by email when you purchase your Opsview Monitor subscription.
For more details about our Subscription Plans visit our plans page.
Visit our Knowledge Center for instructions on how to setup push notifications for the Opsview Monitor Mobile.
Why will I need to use the Opsview Agent?
Opsview Monitor supports the use of monitoring agents to gather data from remote devices. The most common types of monitoring agents used with Opsview Monitor are SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and NRPE (Nagios Remote Plugin Executor).
Get more details on Opsview Agents
Also, networks that make use of secured zones or firewall rules to segregate devices and services should not have that security compromised by having to open significant numbers of ports to enable monitoring. Adding Opsview Monitor Collectors to the monitoring hierarchy can help to spread the load and reduce latency, as well as reduce network administration issues by ensuring that all devices can be adequately monitored. Get more details on Opsview Collectors