Find out how Loyola University - Chicago harnessed the power of Opsview as an alternative to Nagios.
You are here
University of Surrey
- The University of Surrey provides further education to about 16,000 students and has over 2,000 staff spanning four facilities
- The University relies heavily on a central IT infrastructure through which vital functions such as student registration, library applications, email services and the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) are run
- IT makes up a large part of the student experience. High performing infrastructure is vital as a competitive advantage to other universities
The need for IT monitoring
- Traditional siloed approach to monitoring was no longer adequate for the University, especially on service level checks of the network
- Need for one tool that would pool all performance information together to see level of service to users rather than just infrastructure checks
- New centralized IT department focus on cost, scalability and customization was paramount
Why Opsview worked as a solution
- Ability to proactively alert IT team to any performance issues
- Easy to navigate dashboard let the University quickly assess anything in the network
- More accurate and real-time to eliminate service outages for both faculty and students
More like this
This eBook examines the key factors changing the face of higher-ed IT and explains how enterprise-grade IT monitoring empowers you to run a more...
An interview with one of our Technical Interns here at Opsview.