Done right, IT monitoring provides clarity and promotes operational effectiveness. Done wrong, it can make your staff crazy and limit business...
You are here
XConnect Monitoring Case Study
- XConnect is the world's leading provider of intelligent federation based interconnection and registry services driving the adoption of IP multimedia communications
- They allow their customers to capitalize on their network and technology investments through enabling the delivery of IP voice, video and unified communications across disparate networks and platforms
- Comprised of 4 primary and 3 secondary sites, and the primary sites have their own monitoring clusters with a total of 250 devices and network servers combined, with approximately 10,000 service checks, 1,800 of these per minute.
The Need for IT Monitoring
- Needed to extensively monitor their complex IT estate and were looking to implement a one stop solution
- Had requirements to make additional customization to the product. Therefore, they needed a fully flexible tool that provided them with end to end monitoring which tracked routers, hardware and the whole IT estate
Why Opsview Worked As a Solution
- Could be built on their existing underlying framework and provided the ability to use/access the exchange library and community plug-ins was key
- Provided collector clustering
- Were able to set up new tests, which enabled quick detection and resolution to any issues before they were able to make an impact to the business
- Promoted proactive responses and the ability to compose event correlation information
More like this
Monitoring data, like all operations data, is at its most valuable when it leverages a presentation layer that puts the information in the proper...
When choosing an Enterprise monitoring tool, there are many considerations. One that is almost always at the top of the list is scalability.